Wednesday, June 16, 2010

my empire state of mind

You know the thing I look forward to everyday, at least every weekday, is the after-office walk. I love walking along Ayala avenue in the afternoon, when the sunshine is not too hot and when everyone I see walking along with me looks so corporate (despite the fact that they're commuting. haha). I have long been wanting this environment. This corporate feeling that it gives me. That is why my after-office stroll is usually accompanied by the song Empire State of Mind. Don't you just love it?

I love doing the walk alone. It gives me some me time that helps think and contemplate on stuff that's happened, happening and will happen in my life. And now at this point, I have come to realize that working abroad might not be a bad idea at all.

When the thought of it was first brought up during my high school college years, I was all negative about it. For me, it is better to stay here in the Philippines and then do some vacay travelling abroad. That was my idea of being well off at that time. And probably still is. But when I entered the real working world, and after being in it for more than 3 yrs, I must admit that it is pretty hard. And I have heard lots of success stories from my friends who took the adventure of going to a foreign country to work there.

My boyfriend and I have been discussing this for sometime now. And we have come to agree that there is no harm in trying to work abroad (besides the possibility of money loss if it fails. hehehe). We are still young and in the prime ages, why not give it a shot right? And now I'm all so giddy about it. I've been discussing these plans with some of my closest friends as well, and we all have the same opinion about it.

After much discussions, we came to the conclusion that Singapore appears to be the most viable option at the moment. Relatively less hassle in working visa processing, proximity to the Philippines and the great compensation package that most companies there offer.



aaaahhhhh... see those pretty lights in the night sky care of the tall buildings? the skyline? oh so pretty!

But since I'm pretty much preoccupied right now with school, I don't feel yet that urgency to move or whatever. I now leave everything to God. I know He knows what's best for me. So I'll just wait and be cautious of the signals He'll send.

I have to be honest though, watching How I Met Your Mother (Noah's and my current fave show) and seeing the SATC 2 trailer is not really helping me with the waiting. at all. hahaha.

anyway, i guess i'll see you soon my international corporate life! see you real soon! ;)

1 comment:

  1. i have lots of friends too going to singapore to work

    ReplyDelete