Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fork on the road

Have you ever caught yourself choosing between two life changing situations? It's pretty hard right?

That's what I feel now [though I can't help but think that I brought this to myself. haha]. What I'm saying is, I'm kind of stuck between two options, particularly in my career [oh fun]. One road is to continue with what I'm doing now -- finish grad school with a degree in economics, become an economist, engage myself in macroeconomic issues, work in the government, etc. And then the other road is to shift. A totally different shift. I was thinking more on the line of marketing. I've always thought of myself as a people person. Not too much though, but I find it relatively easy to deal with them. Organize events. Plan on how to get people's attention. Stuff like that. It won't be easy. If I choose to go this way, I would have to start from the bottom again, in order to acquire the required knowledge and expertise to reach the top. I would also have to shift to another course, something that would be relevant to such an endeavor.

One funny thing is that all of these realizations dawned on me one friday afternoon. I was seating at my office desk, doing some reports and trying to download some reading materials for my class the following day. The dread that I've been experiencing the past few years suddenly became heavier. And there was this voice inside telling me that I could do something about it. I then saw a couple of my friends abroad on facebook, I mean their activities. I saw how awesome their life is. It is, relative to what I'm going through here. And then it hit me. I CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. I'm young. I'm free from any moral obligations. I can do this. I want to accomplish all this before I get married and stuff.

So I'm trying to take matters into my own hands. I'm praying hard for God to give me guidance. I'm waiting. I'll patiently wait. I've submitted all that I have to. So it's now up to them to let me know what's in store for my future. It's exciting. I can't wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment